Kort Builders, Inc. is a commercial general contractor focused on the building needs of professionals.
Founded in 1986, Kort is a full service contractor providing client services in design/build, general contracting, construction management and pre-construction services. Our specialties include tenant finishes and remodeling of offices, retail facilities, restaurants, industrial/warehouse facilities, bank/financial institutions, medical offices and facilities, new construction, as well as multi-family apartment and condo communities.
Kort Builders is looking for an experienced Construction Superintendent to add to our growing team! Send your resume to email@example.com to be considered!
Summary of Responsibilities
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating
subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding
on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, job
site safety, and maintaining a clean, orderly, and secure job site.
- Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Review and communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
- Ensure that subcontractors are fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (Raken) of jobsite activities and submitting on a daily basis.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractors have corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk projects daily to monitor activities and assist in planning efforts.
- Preside and document weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
- Perform job progress and completion punch-list to assure timely and proper completion of projects.
- Maintain and regularly submit credit card receipts and other vendor invoices to office manager on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and manage foreman / laborers on jobsite.
- Keep Project manager regularly informed of job progress and status.
- Immediately report to management any job-related injuries or safety violations.
- Take weekly job site photos and assist PM with preparation of weekly progress report.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted work.
- Opening the jobsite at the beginning of the day and securing it at the end of the day.
- Portray a positive, “will do whatever it takes” attitude.
- Energetic, self-motivated, strong organizational skills, proactive planner, with strong work ethic.
- Poised/confident individual with an ability to respond effectively under pressure while being dedicated/committed to meeting deadlines and achieving results.
- Demonstrate initiative with an ability to effectively work within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate effectively with staff, clients, subcontractors, and visitors.
- Punctual, reliable, and intelligent individual with the ability to take direction from multiple people.
- Effective multi-tasker whom is timely in completing tasks with accuracy.
- Must be able to travel to jobsite (s) as assigned.
- Quality experience as a lead Project Superintendent for commercial construction projects.